Tuesday, January 6, 2009


Geoff, Craig and Braden before the ceremony.

Braden received his Eagle Scout Award on Saturday, January 3rd. (Which just happened to be Howard's and my 25th Anniversary.) The Court of Honor was for Braden and two of his church buddies, Geoff and Craig. The Court of Honor was so wonderful. My friend, Kathy, suggested we get some help from a Scoutmaster who has been doing Eagle Courts of Honor for 30+ years. He had some great ideas and great displays. It was such a wonderful event. I hope that Braden enjoyed it as much as we did.



Me, trying to pin the Eagle Award on the pocket of Braden's shirt. It was taking a long time!


Braden and Geoff inspecting their Mormon Battalion Buffalo Heads.

My brother, Todd, and his family drove all the way from Ohio to participate in the event. They dodged two major storms. We were glad they arrived safe and well. They left to go back to Ohio early Sunday morning. I woke up early Monday morning with the stomach flu. Amy, Todd's wife, went to bed sick with the same thing. I love sharing time with family, I hate making them sick.

Amy, Tyler, Michael and Emily.


Mikaela and Hailey.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Congrats to all those boys! Kathy sent me an invitation so I knew about it. I wish WE could have flown out too. :)

Julie said...

Congrats! I KNOW how hard it is to earn that Eagle award. Looks like an very nice court of honor. Ryan is looking for a project now....Ugggg....here we go again!

Amy Trauntvein said...

It was great to be there to see Braden get his award. Congrats again to him! Thanks for letting us crash at your house for a couple days. You guys are the best!

Garrison Propaganda said...

way to go to have an eagle scout in the family, quite the accomplishment for the boy (and the mom). (i know--ive watched witnessed it a few times)! thats great you were able to have some family come into town too. happy (late) anniversary! did you get to do anything else fun that day?

Jamie said...

Hey I recognize all those boys. Way to go Eagles.