Our changing family. Two different trips to New York this year to accommodate the family. Braden went with us in May, Siovhan went with us in June.
Our recent trip to New Hampshire brought smiles and a little bit of a manly, "King of the Hill" challenge. Hmmm...can you tell which male prevailed?
Our life is full of projects. I am trying to finish all the partial projects as well as have other things that are falling apart around the house fixed. It takes up a lot more time than I thought was possible. Speaking of fixing things, Howard broke his collar bone last year on Thanksgiving Day. It hasn't healed at all and he was scheduled for surgery this week. After the surgeon looked at the x-ray, he told Howard that he didn't think that Howard was a good candidate for the surgery. Howard's bones haven't healed at all and his Primary Care Physician even called the break, "Gross." We are waiting to consult with another Osteopathic Surgeon this week. I wonder if he will refer to the break as, "Gross." It will be interesting to see if this doctor will think that the graft will take and that the bone can be healed. The last doctor said the odds were 3% in Howard's favor...not odds to gamble with!
Braden is doing really well in Nicaragua. He has been on his mission for 5 months, but only in Nicaragua for 4 months. He was a fast learner of the Spanish language and was able to complete his MTC training in 3 weeks. He loves serving the Lord and says that he can't believe that the time is going by as quickly as it is.
Siovhan is still living and working in Oregon. She loves Oregon...but not so much the work. You can see her blog here: Siovhan. She is a funny girl and I miss her more than I ever thought was possible.


3 comments:
Braden must be such a good missionary. I'm sorry to hear about bone healing troubles--I've never heard of a bone not healing from a break.
I can't believe how much older the kids are looking. You look pretty much the same, just shorter hair.
I sure love the Bolton family! :)
This actually made me cry. I miss you so much mommy.
Post a Comment