Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There are days when I wonder what the challenges in my life are supposed to mean. Several years ago, before I started blogging and after we had moved to this area, my life was suddenly intertwined with the wildlife in our area, with our first encounter of wildlife invading our space: we came home from YW/YM/Cub Scouts to find a live skunk in our garage. After that, we have had encounters with foxes, coyotes, wild turkeys, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, rabbits, more skunks, fisher cats, moles, frogs and grass snakes. Today topped the list of freaky stuff! I climbed out of my car. Retrieved my dog to let him go outside and do his business, took two steps and was stopped cold by the critter you see above. Where is Howard when I need him? I took it upon myself to throw the recycle bin on top of the snake and then I totally freaked out. I called Howard, who laughed...which actually started me laughing. Who else would this happen to? No one on this street has had the run-ins with the original wildlife neighbors like I have. Now we are waiting from Wildlife Rescue to find out what to do with the snake....Oh, my life....

2 comments:

Mia Hansen said...

Well it sure makes thing interesting! Holy cow though! I would have freaked out so bad with all of those animals...

Julie said...

Ok, that gave me the willies just reading it!!!!