Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rainy day. Sick husband. Need I say more?

Braden was surprised by the opportunity to skip the last class of the day and attend the opening day of a movie. Ben was very happy to be Braden's side kick. Braden, unbeknownst to me, texted some of his friends and asked them to meet him at the movie. If I had known that, I would have bought more tickets. Only one of his friends were able to attend, because their parents didn't want to have to rush to the theater right after school ended.

It was Priest/Laurel Conference last night at the Stake Center, in Franklin. It is a two day event for all the Priests and Laurel aged youth (16-18 year old young women and young men) in our Stake. Therefore, we took Braden out to dinner in Franklin, so he wouldn't be too late for the Conference. We bought him a cake to share with his friends and a small cake to share with us at the restaurant. Then we lent him the Volvo to drive to and from the event in. Reminds me of this joke I read last week: Son: "Dad I am older than the curfew law now, so I don't have to be home by midnight anymore." Dad: "Well the car is only five years old, it's too young to be staying out so late. It needs to be home by 11:00 pm."

Braden asked for a suit for his birthday. I keep telling him that I need to take a picture of him in his "Birthday Suit." He tells me that he doesn't think I am funny. He says I have a "... very warped sense of humor." It made me laugh when I said it!


1 comment:

Cheri said...

HAHAHAHA. I sure hope your kids appreciate your great sense of humor!! Maybe someday they will.