Yesterday started out with such an amazing sky. It was about 60 degrees F. outside. There was about two inches of snow on our hill. By mid-morning, the sky had disappeared, and so had most of the snow. The rain started, light at first, then really pouring down. It was so warm, I turned off the heater and opened the windows to let fresh air in. Oh, the wonder of fresh air in a stale, winterized house! The smell of rain, washing away all other smells. I LOVE IT! I am not really a puddle jumper--I hate cold, wet feet, but If I had rain boots, I would have been out jumping in the puddles!
We went to Mutual last night. Ben wasn't really excited to be there. Braden had arranged the evening for the youth in our congregation. He had asked several, young/newly married couples to be on a dating panel. The youth had given him anonymous questions about how to ask out people of the opposite , what to do on dates, what qualities to look for in the people you choose to date, then awe inspiring wedding proposals. Ben, not into thinking that he will be eligible to ask anyone out in a little more than a year, had wanted to stay home. I told him he could stay home, but I had a list of housework he needed to finish, along with a Scouting Merit Badge that he needed to finish. He decided to go. He was the only one in the group that didn't seem to be interested. I think he was trying to prove a point.
Mikaela and I were blessed to watch one of the babies of one of the couples on the panel. He is so cute and he loved being held, until he was tired, then he wanted his car seat, his blankie and to be swung back and forth. After that was all taken care of, he slept, while Mikaela played.
I love sleep. I love my new pillow. Who would have thought that something like a "Memory Foam" pillow would be so wonderful? In fact, I was so anti foam pillows that it wasn't until I purchased one for Howard, and he ended up having great results, that I decided to purchase one. The price had me hold off a while longer, but I finally broke down. My shoulders don't ache as much and I don't wake up with a stiff neck. Funny. I always replace our pillows and I buy the firm ones, but the foam ones are miraculous. (Can you say that an inanimate object is miraculous?)
1 comment:
Thanks for the memory foam endorsement - I've been wondering how those actually work out!
Wish we could have been there for mutual. We NEED to visit@
Post a Comment