Do you ever have those awkward observations when you are driving? I seem to be the one to notice the oddities of those around me when I am in the driver's seat. For example, last week on the way home from the orthodontist appointment, I was at a stop light next to another vehicle. In the front seat was a young woman, totally in anguish. An older woman was in the driver's seat and wasn't speaking or even appearing to be affected by the behavior of the young woman. Immediately, I get all Anne Shirley and imagine what the tragedy is of the young woman that is in such pain. Then, last night as I was driving through Franklin, I was stopped in heavy traffic. While waiting, I was watching a young man in a business suit, carrying a briefcase. I don't know what compelled me to watch him, but I was watching him. He stopped for a few minutes and appeared to be falling asleep while he was standing up. I was worried about him. He stood that way for what seemed like a very long time. He looked like a human bobble head doll. Then his head jerked forward and he came out of his sleep-like trance and continued to walk on. I noted that I wasn't the only one who had observed this behavior. What was his situation? Was he an accountant and overworked, walking home from the train stop? Was he a student going home from studying? (I doubted this, I don't think I have ever seen Dean students in suits.) Anyway, I thought maybe I should have stopped and offered help. Being alone in the car, prevented me from doing anything. Weird, huh?
1 comment:
I am POSITIVE he was an accountant, overworked from tax season. :)
Post a Comment