Monday, April 7, 2008

I LOVE General Conference. I almost always have. I remember being a young girl and waiting in anticipation of sitting around in my pajamas and listening to General Conference on the radio (my parents didn't have a working tv set for a while). Then when we bought our first color tv, we would hang out in the family room and watch it as a family. While we lived in St. Peters, Missouri and when we first moved here, we would have to attend the conference sessions at the church. I didn't mind too much, but my children had a hard time sitting for so long without being allowed to move around. I like that they had to pay closer attention while at the church building, but I like not having to worry about them disrupting others when we watch here at home.

I love the messages that the Lord sends to us, through his servants, the prophets. Wasn't it great when President Monson told us that his wife didn't want their children to allow President Monson to use any household appliances? Brother Ballard was probably laughing at the reference to his talk. I will miss Sister Tanner. She is one of my favorite people. Cheri Wirthlin and I use her as a role model. I, too, can do hard things.

We hung out here at home with the Baez family. It was a lot of fun. Isabella turned four yesterday, but we didn't know, because they told us after they had arrived. She fell asleep during the last session and slept through dessert--so we didn't get to light candles on the cake or anything, but we did sing "Happy Birthday" to her. She was so cute! She asked me to read stories to her and I read about seven, then she wanted me to read them all over again. Mikaela volunteered and loved reading to Bella.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I agree; conference was so wonderful! Did you know that President Monson's wife had been in a coma?? That came as a huge shock to me. What a humble man. I loved Elder Ballard's talk (funny enough I had fallen asleep and Spencer watched it; I watched it later on the DVR). What a great weekend.