Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eight days 'til Utah. I am so happy, yet so nervous to go. It looks like Siovhan will take the job in Las Vegas, Nevada with KTNV. Her boss is trying to work out the timing of the job starting and Siovhan's graduation. I guess we will be making a quick trip to Vegas the first weekend I am in Utah, to procure a residence for Siovhan. Scary, having your Mom help you pick your first apartment.

I will need to help box and prepare her stuff to go to Vegas--she doesn't get a moving package. We need to teach her the art of negotiation for her next job. She should have asked for a little money up front to help with the relocation, but she didn't know she could do that. I think the company is getting her for a steal! Anyway, off she goes into the wild desert. All while living in Massachusetts she would tell us: "When I get a chance to pick a place to live, it won't be somewhere cold! I HATE being cold!" I guess she got her choice. The Henderson area is where we are looking for housing. It has a large LDS community, with an Institute program. Now to fix the air conditioner in her car so that she doesn't bake on her way to and from work.

3 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

ohhh it sounds so exciting! ugh, she definitely wont be cold in vegas! i love it there, i dont know about the summer, but so much fun--new adventures are always exciting!

Julie said...

Wow! Las Vegas! We have a condo in St.George and love the warm weather too so I can't blame her! What will she be doing with the TV station? Love the family picture. Is that Melanie with long hair???? And how do I find Becky George?

siovhan said...

Vegas. Vegas. Vegas.
What did I just do?
Do you know how HOT it is in Vegas?! I'm learning to be careful what you wish for. Next I'm wishing for temperate climate (San Diego here I come...). I'm not really good at negotiating--especially on the phone. I should have been better. I was just so grateful someone wanted me. Here's to hoping I can find normal roommates.