I have been outdoors working in the yard every day this week. I was tired this morning and decided to work indoors. Every time I looked outside, I would get discouraged by the amount of work that there is still to do. I love gardening, but I feel a little overwhelmed when I watch the gardeners that my neighbors pay to trim the weeds, mow the lawn, cut the shrubs and bushes back and pull the weeds. It takes all four gardeners about an hour to accomplish what it takes me days to do. Yeah. Still, it is my work that makes or breaks the yard. Needless to say, it isn't the most wonderful yard on the street, but it is my yard and my work.
Still working on the chipmunk situation. I was going to take pictures of the lot of them, but of course because I had the camera ready to go, I haven't seen them at all today. Maybe the dried fox urine is working after all. "Yuck, gross!" I hear you, but it seems to have worked on the squirrel situation, so why not try it on the chipmunks?
Siovhan is still struggling with the end of University life and the prospects of work life. I was so thrilled with the thought of Howard's career starting, I couldn't wait to leave Provo. I loved the opportunity to live in Omaha. I hope some of the excitement of new beginnings will begin to work in Siovhan. I know how hard it was for me to leave Omaha for St. Peters, so I can't say I don't totally understand her apprehension. I just wish that her job prospects were closer to us. I am not sure I like the thought of her living so far away. One more week and we will be with her. I know, she will be "thrilled" at having us all near her for so long. Maybe with us haunting her, she will be ready to leave for anywhere.
I have been reading "The Wars of the Roses" by Alison Weir. It has intrigued me so much. I wanted to know more about the places that some of the fighting and the all of the living took place. Researching the areas of England led me to a great website: http://www.castlexplorer.co.uk/maps.php. You can find out any information about any castle in the British Isles. I wish we were going back again, soon!
3 comments:
Hey! So good to hear from you! How in the world did Becky George get my blog address? Christmas Card I am guessing. I would love to see hers! Hey, why no pics of you? Your kids are growing up fast as our mine. I am sending Ali off to BYU in August. 2 down...... life is good, I hope you are doing well also. Check back often, I am a blog fanatic! So many memories with the Bolton's! Miss you! Julie
I love the new blog look! I understand how Siovhan is feeling... it's hard to graduate and move on. I was glad but I was married and had a child and wanted away from BYU. Now I often wish to go back.
Good luck with your chipmunks. Come to CA while you're in Utah. :)
I'm scared about moving and being by myself. You and Dad had each other and well, let's face it, Vegas is TOO FAR from you guys (I think you should move out here...I hear Spokane is lovely, haha). I'm REALLY excited for you guys to come. In fact, it's pretty much the best part of my life lately.
p.s. where did you get your cute new background?
Post a Comment