


These are from the day we went to Newburyport. Mikaela, Howard and I sat on the "Peacemaker" sculpture. Notice that the two boys did not. I will let you draw your own conclusions as to why they are sitting so far apart, and you will probably be right--not a peaceful moment for them. If they had been next to each other, one of them might have ended up in the water. It's funny, but later when we were in the water at the beach, we couldn't get them to NOT play in the water and the sand together. "Best of Friends, Worst of Enemies."
Mikaela is trying to become a good photographer and used her Dad's Canon Rebel XTi to take the picture. We are trying to teach her to learn how to set up the shot. She is so funny. "I know, I know, I know," she kept telling us as we were telling her how to hold the camera and how to format the picture in the view finder. She did alright, but she caught me giving her instruction. (Click on the picture for a larger view.)
5 comments:
Melanie, thanks for posting a comment on my blog. It reminded me that I haven't looked at your blog for a while--I don't know how I forgot to subscribe to it. I love the pictures on the sidebar. I hardly recognice Mikaela--she looks so much different than I remember. You have some great kids. Beautiful pictures on the post below.
OK, you totally have the camera I want! I can't justify buying it when I have one that's just fine for now, but I can't wait for it to die so I can buy the Rebel!
It's great to see pictures of you. Melanie, your hair is so much darker than I remember!!
I LOVE MY FAMILY. Mikaela looks scary like me. It's weird sometimes. And that's typical Ben and Braden.
Mikaela did a pretty good job except the cut off feet and you talking. Other than that, it's pretty good.
my dad looks like he's lost some weight. good job, bff.
and have i told you lately that i love you. and i'm addicted to family updates (i'm crazy). and you have the best calves--i'm jealous i didn't inherit that.
so, i'm glad to know my kids aren't the only ones who wouldn't qualify or even want to be near the "peacemaker" this week! how did mom do it? i think i would have either spent a lot of time yelling over the noise or crying myself to sleep on my "big pilla." despite the cold weather when we went with you, i still love the east coast beaches from Maine all the way down to ri.
i love all the pictures of your family adventures. though your boys arent having the most peaceful moment, its hard not to look at that picture with the beautiful background and not feel relaxed!
Post a Comment