Monday, September 22, 2008

The weather is so crisp and cool. I love Autumn Time!

Yesterday I helped out in the Nursery. When the Ward split last week, we went from eighteen toddlers, to three: three girls. There are two spirited girls, and one quiet, but very active girl. It was fun to watch them try to adjust to being the only three in nursery. The Nursery Leader, Jan, was trying to figure out how to stretch the time to accommodate all the free time she now had, because she wasn't trying to round up eighteen toddlers for lesson time, snack time, play time and singing time. When Jan had given the lesson and we had finished the craft, I asked one of the three-year-old little girls what she had learned from the lesson. She very clearly stated: "When my Mommy tells me to get my pajamas on, I WILL OBEY!" She then repeated the phrase, "I will obey," over and over. I thought, "Wow. Maybe she should come in my home and teach my older children what this lesson means!"

Going to church at 11:00 am is going to take some getting used to. We have been going at the 9:30 schedule for about three years now. I am sure I will be late, because I will think that I have enough time to be lazy in the morning.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Bummer that you have to go at 11 - I remember LOVING that 9:30 time because it was just perfect. I can't believe the nursery is down to 3! It sounds like an uneven split...

Julie said...

I don't remember that name at all. Sorry! He must have me confused with someone else. Tell Howard hi for me! I need your email address! Do you have facebook?

Rick & Diana said...

We are always struggling to make it to church on time when we have 11:00 or 1:00 but we are always on time when it is at 9. I think its because the morning schedule is like getting ready for school. We also have sacrament last hour so at least were not walking in late to that. We have 3 nurserys in our ward with about 6-7 kids each!

Garrison Propaganda said...

i know, it doesnt seem to matter how late church is--your always bound to be late! :) good luck with the new ward, your awesome new relief society president, and working in a ridiculously smaller nursery! man, that branch must be huge if they took all those kids!