Tuesday, September 23, 2008


The youth have a Temple Trip tonight. I have been out of the Young Women program for about a year and I always wish I could still be part of the Temple trips. It isn't easy keeping 35 youth quiet while they are in the chapel (or dressing rooms), but it is so worth the time spent. I guess when Mikaela becomes old enough, I will be volunteering to drive and help out. (Wow! Just one more year?!) What an amazing thing a Youth Temple Trip is.

Ben has a five minute devotional to give while the youth are in the chapel waiting. His topic: Humility. Hmmm, could be shorter than five minutes--he is a Bolton after all.

6 comments:

JK Waite said...

I'm right there with you on the youth temple trips. They're so neat. I can't believe Mik is going to be twelve next year! I still remember coming to visit you when you were expecting her (that was a blast for me, and now that I've been pregnant with a fourth I think you're even more amazing for putting up with me). :)

Good luck, Ben, with the spiritual thought. make sure you end it with the traditional youth ending, "and, yeah..." ;D

Braden said...

hahahahah...yeah. kirsten, can you believe when you used to come and see me all the time. we were inseparable! and ben's so funny...humility, only he would get that topic.
p.s. he did end it with, "and, yeah-". lol

JK Waite said...

rofl, braden! i had to know the "and, yeah" was always a perfect ending to a ver well-prepared and enlightened thought! btw, braden, i still like doing your hairdos... ;)

siovhan said...

Bolton talk on humility:
"Well, we're all really good at being humble. I mean, we pretty much perfected how to be humble. Humility is important. One might say it's the most important thing. So be like me and be humble. Um...yeah."

Hahahaha. I crack myself up.

I miss Youth Temple Trips. There's truly nothing like them.

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Love the comment Siovhan! You got it so right!

Garrison Propaganda said...

i cant wait to come out to visit john and susan (someday) and see the boston temple! mmmm fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. id be happy if we had 1 1/2 months of summer and winter 3 months spring and the rest fall. sounds like an even split right? so how was the thought on humility? last as long as requested?