
Boy do I love sleep! How come it is an elusive dream that I chase? I have decided that all those years of working until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and then babysitting at 4:30 in the early morning for two young babies, were all in preparation for my life as an EMS Teacher (aka: Early Morning Seminary Teacher).
Ben says that I am really an Early Morning Sleep Torturer. I won't let him snore during my lessons. Rude, aren't I? He was snoring yesterday and I kept tapping him to wake him up. He got angry that I would interrupt his nap. I asked him if he had had more sleep than I had. "Probably." "Well, why don't you teach the lesson then, while I snore?" It irritated me that he was sleeping when there were five other equally tired students who were awake and trying to learn. I should be more lenient with Ben, because the love of sleep is something that we both share.
I get a little testy when people get sleep and are grumpy. Why are they grumpy? They had more sleep than I had! They are golden, they are rich beyond their wildest dreams! They have sleep in their night-time saving account! When I am waiting in line and I hear someone grumpily complaining, I always wonder how much sleep they had the night before. If they appear to be a young mother, I give them the benefit of the doubt, they are grumpy because they are tired.
Sleep is the cure-all for me. When I am sad, I want sleep. When I am angry, I want to take a nap. When my children are fighting, I want to run away and sleep in a motel. When I think of spending time with Howard, I think of how I want to curl up next to him and sleep. Does anyone else feel this way? When Howard suggests we do something as a family, I ask, "Does it require us getting up early? Can't we sleep in a little longer?"
I love sleep. I used to fight my Dad over my amount of sleep. He wanted me to keep to his sleep schedule, but I worked late into the evening in High School and needed to do my homework when I got home, so sleep wasn't first on my task list. He was always in bed by 10:00 and up at 6:00. Exactly the eight hours. Sometimes a dance at school would require him going to bed later, usually by 10:30--and then it was "WATCH OUT for Dad!" as he literally ran to bed! Maybe I am tired because since teen-hood, I have had to get up early, go to bed late and pretty much fight for a place on the bed to sleep. I think the struggle to sleep has made me tired.
5 comments:
So Melanie who is in the picture?
Its funny to think I actually used to of my own free will get up early to get stuff done--you know the stuff that stresses you out and keeps you from sleeping peacefully. Now I don't feel that same pressure. Are my demands getting lighter? I think its probably more likely that I'm just more relaxed and don't care.
I love sleep!
It is my fifteen-year old son, Ben and my nephew, Jacob. Ben wanted to hold him while my sister was taking care of her three other children. He sat down in the chair and rocked Jacob until Jacob fell asleep. Ben, didn't want to take the baby and lay him down, so he reclined the chair and fell asleep. I love peaceful teenagers!
HI :)
I know you do not know me.. I have never left a comment like this before..I found your blog and thought I would say hi:)
We live in Eugene,Oregon and are a crazy active LDS family. I just thought from one Mom to another I would tell you, if your girl ever needs a little Love..I would be glad to help you. I am sure she is doing great, I am sure you all are as well:) But if you (she) needed help there is someone who would help.
It really is a small world..blogging makes makes it a little smaller:)
(you can stop by our blog to see that I am not a crazy blog stalker..lol
I am the activity day leader and 4 week RS teacher.. in our home ward. I felt like I should give background..lol )
thanks for clarifying the picture. I was sitting here thinking did Siohvan (i'm pretty sure that's mispelled) get married and have a baby really quick?
sleep is a precious gift that i cant get enough of either! are you working and babysitting still? early morning seminary teacher, thats quite the serious calling for the sleep lover. that was actually what we feared might be anthonys new calling as we were on the drive to find out otherwise. but, anthony being a sleeplover as well, was seriously put out by the idea and not sure he could handle that calling. so good for you! and good for you for waking up your son!
Post a Comment