Sunday, December 7, 2008


Part of Gettysburg Battlefield. Washington, D.C. is just 69 miles south of here.



Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. We are standing on the upper level of the monument dedicated to the army of Pennsylvania. It was cold.




Ohio State stadium, the home of the Buckeyes. Sea of red.
We had to see the campus. It is a lot larger than I had realized it could be. Braden has had an offer from OS to attend. Having Uncle Todd leave near, makes the offer seem attractive, but Blue still rules in our home.


Todd, above laying on the ground, taking the picture posted below.





Mikaela and Todd share the same birthdate. Auntie Amy made a cake for them to share. They allowed Mikaela to blow out all the candles. It was a fantastic chocolate cake, with ganache frosting. I could have eaten the whole thing by myself!

My brother lives close to the Longaberger Basket Headquarters. He drove us past the office building. I have a few baskets, so I was amazed at how accurate the building was. Amazing!


6 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow, that entire trip looks amazing! And I love that basket building! Very cool.

JK Waite said...

How awesome! Is this the battlefield where we saw the reenactment when I was little (or was that in Williamsburg?) Looks like you all had fun! The chocolate cake looks like Todd's recipe, yes? If so, it is divine, if not, then I need Amy's recipe!!! love you lots!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

To JK: The reenactment was in Williamsburg. This is Todd's Totally Tasty Chocolate Cake. It is so amazing!

Julie said...

Ok, the longenberger building is kind of funny looking! Cool, but funny!

Garrison Propaganda said...

looks like you guys kept busy during the holiday weekend. lots of fun sites, i think youve seen more than we have! the office building is the best. wouldnt it be more fun if more buildings were that creative!

Myrna said...

Wouldn't be neat to be like an angel and be able to flit from place to place? That way you could see everyone you loved on the same day. What fun that would be!!!!!!!