Thursday, December 11, 2008




Howard gets to go to England for a family event. After going to England he gets to fly to Italy for a few days. He offered to have me go, but we couldn't get good flights back until Christmas Eve, so I backed out. I am so sad that he gets to go without me. If it were for work, I wouldn't be so upset, but it is for family and sight-seeing. Choosing between spouse and children has never been hard for me. With it being the Christmas season, it was very difficult.

I have such fond memories of Italy and England, that I would love to go again.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Bummer! I want to go too!!! I feel bad he gets to go and you don't :(

Garrison Propaganda said...

ugh what a stinky choice to make! i wish there was something to say that would be uplifting, but i cant think of it. i guess its nice to have memories of going and not dreams to go though.

siovhan said...

my dad's two great loves:
mom
and italy. ...oh and england.

Cheri said...

Lame!! We've been trying to get to Europe for 2 years and now I worry it won't happen at all. You're a great mom to give up something like that to be with them. :)

The Howard Bolton Family said...

The closer it gets the more sorry for myself I feel.

Christmas Eve with my children, or Christmas Eve on a plane, in several airports and worrying about making it home. Sounds like I made a good choice.