We have been having some bad weather. We have have been in the house since the early release on Friday. The children have been in the mood for baking. We have been trying new things. Yesterday I helped Ben learn how to make fudge. We then crushed peppermints and put them on the fudge. Needless to say, with no where to go and nothing for us to do, we sit around, play games, watch tv and eat what we have made.I did make them get up and help me shovel our 135 foot driveway yesterday. Our snow-blower is broken. (I didn't find that out until yesterday, when I went to "quickly" clean off the foot of snow in our driveway.) After 2 1/2 hours of shoveling snow, I felt like the children could eat a few treats.
Cheri, you will love the fact that you are warm and that you get to go to church today, because the snow didn't cancel your meeting.
Here are some photos that will help you to remember or introduce you to our neighborhood and the weather in New England. A little different than living in the Mid-west, but with some of the same elements: humidity and lots of snow.
The driveway will be re-shoveled in a few hours, to get a jump on the approaching storm. We are in for snow, ice and rain today. Glad I am not a Sunday-game-attending-Patriots-fan.
Snow is pretty.



3 comments:
ugh thats one long driveway that makes for a lot of physical labor. good thing you have all those helpers and good thing you all got rewarded by those yummy desserts afterwords!
thanks for the dry remedy tips. weve been running a humidifier for the past couple week at night time. this may be a silly question, but do you rub vics on at night or during day? jonas has had several day nose bleeds lately. (i think a lot of that is hereditary though).
WOW. I bet you're hating your massively long driveway about now. And yes, I'm grateful that church is never cancelled here, though "warm" is not how I would describe our weather. In fact, I've got a sore rump and wrist...I was walking the other day with a friend at 6 a.m. and we hit a patch of ice. ICE! I fell pretty hard. Hello - isn't this supposed to be California?? The entire country is having wacky weather - and I'm really wondering about all this global warming stuff...
Have a VERY Merry Christmas.
Very Pretty...unless you are stuck in it! Good thing Howard came home to help! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Miss you!
Post a Comment