Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mikaela gave us an April Fool's Day surprise. She cleaned her room all by herself. She organized, hung up clothes, put trash in the bin, etc. I thought she was fooling me when she came in to tell me. The joke really was on me, she had actually done everything, without a fight and all on her own. I was so pleased.

Yesterday was a day of firsts in the Bolton house. Braden was the first to get braces on and he was the first to get them off. We spent the whole morning at the Dr. Gamm's getting off the braces, getting on the retainers and learning how to take care of new, expensive additions to our family. I wore retainers for a very long period of my life: all of my later grade school years, with about time out for five months when I wore braces. I hope that all my past knowledge will be a benefit for us now.


Before the removal.


Dr. Gamm getting ready...

Here's the first bracket to go...

Can you say, "Cheesy?"
The dental hygienist actually asked Braden to look in a mirror and smile, to make sure all the goo was off his teeth. She laughed when he readily complied.

Yeah for us! Almost done.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I so do not look forward to the braces stage. Carl and I didn't have to get braces and I was hoping it would leak down to the next generation--darn, I don't think it did.

Yay for getting them off-a braceless smile is so great. I like his glasses too.

Amy Trauntvein said...

Hoorah for Braden! I bet he's so glad to get those off! He looks great! Very grown up! ;)

Garrison Propaganda said...

okay i must say thats a funny and sad april fools. funny that it was considered an april fools, but definitely a bonus for you guys to not have to get after her to do something. no braces. it must feel great. i was always one of those weird kids who wanted them, but never go them. so far all of my siblings minus the youngest two have had them. anthony was the only one in his family who didnt need them as well. im hoping our kids luck out too!