Easter is almost here. I miss the days of little children all keyed up to paint eggs, get new clothes and be all together. Now it is, "I have plans. Can't Mikaela just do all the eggs?" "I want to go hang out with my friends, do I really have to be home for the evening?" Yay for growing up....It doesn't help the attitude of the home when snow is in the forecast and it is a balmy, warm, 37 degrees Fahrenheit.
Here are the eggs that Mikaela decorated. She is planning an egg hunt and has actually hunted down all the loose change in the house to put in the plastic eggs, along with small pieces of chocolate. What would I do without her? Braden cooked the eggs. That was a great help.
3 comments:
as a kid i loved dyeing eggs, now i feel otherwise. it takes forever, makes a mess, and the kids dont even like hard boiled eggs. i didnt carry on the tradition this year. i will miss the excitement that my kids show for any big/small holiday. hopefully theyll stay like me and look forward to them until forever. it is nice you still have one lover at home. cute eggs. i love that she ate one too. hilarious! usually the majority of ours are choked down or thrown out.
Hey! I'm 37 and I still love dyeing Easter eggs! tell Mikeala that she did a great job decorating them. the best part (for me) is devilled eggs! Happy Easter! One of these days I'll update our blog....sigh.
Okay, so I'm totally up for some smores next time we come out. I have a feeling there will be many "smoke outs" in the years to come... Now you can NEVER move! (unless it's to CO, of course!)
Post a Comment