
Ben turned 16 on Saturday, April 25. He wanted to have a party where there was fire involved. He asked Howard if he would allow him to build a fire pit in the yard. Howard and Ben went to Lowe's. They checked out the different designs and totaled the materials needed and the cost. Ben did almost all the labor. He worked for two days, digging, laying gravel, building up the walls and leveling the rock. It was very impressive. He had a few friends come and enjoy the fire with him. Expensive marshmallows, but well worth the work.

Braden, Ben and Geoff getting the fire ready.
Portland Trip:

Portland Temple, Portland Oregon

The reflecting pool, Portland Temple.

Sea Lion Caves, Yachats, Oregon

Driftwood Beach, Oregon
The boys went to Annapolis, Maryland for a band/chorus competition. While they were in Maryland, Mikaela and I went to see Siovhan in Oregon. We had a blast! We slept in her apartment with her and her roommate, Mel. We watched movies, went to the Temple, went to the Single's Ward, went shopping, ate lunch, did more shopping, went to the news station, talked, slept little and laughed a lot.
We would call Howard and tease him about all the things that we were doing without him.

Mikaela trying out the new's anchor desk--using the wheel for the teleprompter.
5 comments:
yay for Portland. We were married there. I love the Oregon coast too.
A girly trip - HOW FUN! And I didn't know that thing was what operated the teleprompter. I think I would have a super fun time walking around a newsroom.
Love the fire pit too!
It's looks like you had an awesome trip to Oregon! Love that area. Todd actually want to reitre there. Girl's weekends are the best! Tell Ben Happy Birthday for us and your new firepit rocks! We would love to put a permanant one in too.
the portland trip looks like lots of fun. does anyone ever get enough sleep on vacation? i think thats why we always feel we need one after vacation. i guess the key is to visit people you dont like. then you wont stay up so late to talk. :)
what a determined boy. love the firepit pricing, building, and relaxing idea. i love roasted food! tin foil dinners, marshmellows, dutch ovens. oh my stomach is grumbling now!
How fun for you! I bet it is hard living so far away! I love the fire pit! Will they come build one at my house????
Post a Comment