Another lady, Bea, said, "My your children must love you in pink. I think that you have at least five different shirts that are that same color." Yes, I have at least seven different pink shirts, but I bought them all. I never wear them all in the same week.
Then, while we were listening to a fantastic piano player, Millie says, "Miss! Miss! Miss!" "Yes, Millie, can I do something for you?" "Will you always stay with me?" "Well," I said, "I need to stay with you at least until lunch." "I don't want you to leave me, I feel so lonely when you're not there. I will give you something nice." Then she proceeded to play with my hair. After settling Millie, one of the other ladies, Dorothy, asked me to come and be with her. The piano player was playing a beautiful medley of Americana songs. Dorothy reached out and held my hand, just like the little Sunbeams do during Primary when they are feeling loving. She kept looking at me with her dear, sweet eyes. I felt a rush of love and a few tears in my eyes.
3 comments:
awww...the old ladies. i love them.
so sweet. it has to be a fulfilling, and sometimes rough job. what a cute picture of the hands.
What a wonderful experience! And I'm sure you love them as much as they are loving you! You are the best! Love you!
Post a Comment