Thursday, September 3, 2009


Summer was so much fun. I am having a hard time getting back to the real life at home.

Howard chopped up our bathroom to surprise me. It was a surprise for sure. He called me on the phone after I was having a difficult day in Utah, and told me he had had an accident. He wouldn't tell me what it was. He sent Braden's cell phone a picture. Wow! Not really an accident--he had planned the destruction. He hadn't planned cutting through the wall into the stairwell though. We are still down to one shower. We have tile picked, but no bathtub to install.



The children seem to be coping well with the change in schedules. I used to make sure that the children had a full week of going to bed at a regular time, and getting up when school was supposed to start--not this year. We jumped right from vacation to school. I think that is why the children have been so tired.

Mikaela's first day of 6th grade.

Ben's first day of 11th grade.

5 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

after a summer like you guys had id be beat too. going to bed isnt a bad thing though. good luck getting back into the swing of things!

Amy Trauntvein said...

Cool bathroom-to-be! Tell Howard that Todd could use some help on out basement whe he's done "playing" with your house!

Adrienne said...

Ben is a junior?!!!!! I feel really old.

Julie said...

What a fun summer you have had!! You need to be home to rest from your VACATION! Sure wish we could have been in the same place at the same time!! My kids have been in school since August 10th! Summer has been over for a long time!

JK Waite said...

Cute shirt, Mik!!!! Nice hat, Ben!!! Hope the bathroom troubles end soon and school gets even better! :) love you lots!