Friday, October 9, 2009



Time flies. I hope we are all having fun!

Just an update for the readers:

Ben is still practicing to get a driver's license. He is mastering the, "I drive my mom crazy," license. He has decided he likes his father's Cannon Digital EOS Rebel, xti. He has been taking the camera into the woods behind our house and taking pictures. He has even taken a few with him in them. He then comes home and asks his father how to make the picture taking more professional. It is a nice meeting point for them. These are a few of the many pictures that he has taken lately.



Mikaela is very involved in her school activities. She is doing orchestra, violin lessons, cross-country and she tries to get a visit to the park/playground every day...whether it fits into the family's schedule, or not. She just had her first babysitting job the other night. She babysat two little girls, one seven, the other four. It was a little scary for her, because just before she went babysitting, to a remote home, in the woods, the power went out in the girl's neighborhood. After she arrived, she was fine, until the parents left. Then she and the little girls heard all kind of wild animal noises. She was a little freaked out. I couldn't really help her, I was at Ben's school. She babysat for two hours and did a fantastic job. She had so much fun playing with the little girls, that she told the Dad that she didn't want to be paid for babysitting. What a wonderful young woman she is turning out to be.

Braden is enjoying his BYU experience. It seems like it was a bit more of a difficult adjustment than he was prepared for, but now he is getting into the habit of school, work, study, church calling, friends, and anything else that can fit into his schedule.

Siovhan, Braden and Howard were able to spend some time together in Utah over the Conference weekend. They called daily with updates of their activities and the fun that they were having together. They took pictures, but I don't have copies of them. When I get photos from them, I will upload them.

This is from this past summer. I love this picture. It's too bad that Howard is the one taking the picture, therefore he isn't in the photo.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I want Mikaela as my baby-sitter! Can she come visit?? (no scary animal sounds here!)