Thursday, March 27, 2008

When the Bishop stands up in Sacrament Meeting and addresses the congregation with admonitions of endurance and faith through trials, it makes me grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am also thankful that the Lord speaks to men of great faith and leads them to direct our paths. When Bishop Badstubner instructed us to remain faithful in our trials, I was very grateful. I was thinking about the past year and all the struggles that it had contained. I didn't realize that it was also a forewarning about enduring the trials of the future as well, and that it was for the whole congregation, not just me. (I hear my mom's words, "It's not always all about Mel," ringing in my ears.) Our congregation members have had some major struggles to overcome. How grateful I am for the scriptures--right now in my life the Old Testament is paramount! How grateful I am for a loving Father in Heaven and for His son, Jesus Christ.

Happy Spring!

No comments: