Yesterday was MCAS (Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System) testing at all the schools in Milford. The students in the elementary and middle schools take the tests to see how well they are learning the necessary subjects being taught. The tenth graders take the MCAS tests in order to graduate. There are several different styles of tests that the students are required to take. This week it is all English Language Arts, then next month it will be Science, in May they will take the Math portion.
Mikaela is at the age where they test their writing and reading comprehension. She was a little stressed about it when she went to school. They were to write a five paragraph essay from a prompt that they would receive when the test started. She informed us it was easy, because it was:" How does your family celebrate holidays? What traditions does your family follow?" She was so relieved. She picked Christmas as the holiday and explained our family's traditions. She said that the essay was just supposed to be five paragraphs. Then came my favorite part of the story: "Mom, we have so much fun at Christmas, that I couldn't just write five paragraphs--I had to write six!" I am glad that she enjoys Christmastime!
2 comments:
That is so funny! A chatterbox in voice, as well as in pen. :) I'm sure hers will be the most fun to read.
I love my sister. P.S. that picture of her with the marbles...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Post a Comment