Monday, March 17, 2008

Yes, Ben did have strep, along with a double ear infection and throat infection. This is the first time in over six years that Ben has had an ear infection. He had his ear tubes removed last April and we thought that he was okay. It is not looking too promising for him. He was always so sick when he was really young. The tubes gave him the ability to hear and to live weeks, months, even years without an ear infection, whereas before the tubes, he had at least two infections per month. I feel so sorry for him. He is doing much better today and is excited about practicing with the MHS Tennis team.

Franklin Ward Conference was yesterday. I really enjoyed the sermons. Elder Christianson, President Erickson and Bishop Badstubner spoke to us. Elder Christianson admonished us to work with the teen-aged youth in our midst, because they need our support and our strength. I felt a little overwhelmed by his suggestions and like a failure in other areas. Oh, the power of the Atonement! Hopefully, as I try harder to be a better mother, the areas that I overlooked when the children were younger will be replaced by the good things that we are trying to do in our home now.

It was kind of humorous at the end of meetings, when Howard had me stick out my hand and he placed this small, silver looking, rock like object on my palm. No, not a silver object that I would want to be keeping. He had an odd look on his face. He asked if he was too old for the tooth fairy. It dawned on me that it was a tooth. After coughing back a gag reflex, I asked him if it was his tooth. He assured me that it was. I then started laughing. Howard has the worst dental luck. He ALWAYS needs to see our dentist on an emergency visit, because Howard has to leave that day, or the day following, for a major meeting somewhere in the world. Our dentist is very mellow and, because he owns half of our paycheck, is willing to come in at Howard's cry for help.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I just ADORE your new background! Poor Ben...I don't know what this means for his ears in the future, but I sure hope he doesn't need tubes again.

And, Mikaela is hilarious. Consider it flattering that she wants to spend so much time with you two on your "date." So sweet.