I love to listen to music. I love to sing, I don't do it well, but I do it every day.
Last night I attended our School District's Vertical Orchestra/Strings Concert. This is where all the schools in the district, third grade through twelfth grade perform. It is so wonderful to hear how well the students play and how they get better through the years. I am fond of the fourth graders and the high school students this year. (Having a fourth grader in the strings program and an eleventh grader in the orchestra program helps with this affection.)
The High School Orchestra performed a piece written by a twelfth grader. She wrote it this past year, with different arrangements for the strings, woodwinds and percussion. It was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Braden said that when they performed it for the first time, there wasn't a dry eye in all of the orchestra. I wish I had a link to the music, but I didn't think to take my cam-corder, I took just the digital camera.
Music...what a way to use God given talents.
No comments:
Post a Comment