Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother’s Day was a lot of fun. The older the children get, the more they like to do for me. It was kind of nice. Benjamin made me breakfast in bed, although he and Mikaela exchanged words over what and when it was supposed to happen. The children surprised me with gifts that I liked. That was great. Benjamin gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting and Siovhan sent me a link to on online scrapbook. All in all it was a great day. I did tell them that they didn’t get me the ONE thing that I had asked for. They were all surprised that I would say something like that. Braden said, “What did you ask for that you didn’t get?” “The kitchen floor needed to be mopped.” No one said a word. My family was speechless. I guess the next time they are all fighting, I will just get out the mop and hand it to one of them. That act should accomplish something.

Helping in the Nursery yesterday had me pondering. I saw these young mothers come in to collect their children. Not long ago that was me. I realized that Sister Michelle Cox had been their Young Women leader. How comforting that must be to these young mothers. They know and trust Michelle, and they put their tiny ones in her hands, just like they put their spirits in her hands just a few years ago--makes me grateful for our Savior and our Father in Heaven. What a wonderful church!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I hope you had a great mother's day, even if the mopping didn't get done. I know how much your kids appreciate you. And what a treat to get to help out in nursery.