Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yesterday was a bad day. It started out with a really good run in the 79 degree weather, at 7:00 in the morning, but it finished with me falling asleep during my prayers, for the second night in a row.

After my run and my shower, I took the two children I had with me to eat at one of my favorite burger places. The food is good and not expensive. Immediately afterward, Ben felt sick to his stomach. While waiting for Ben to feel better, Siovhan called, she had been in class and had gone to use her lap-top (four months old) and found that the screen wouldn't work. We called HP to find out if there was somewhere in Utah Valley that would fix her computer, quickly, so that she could have it for finals in two weeks. There was, but the lap-top needed to have some diagnostics run before they could call the computer guy. After two hours of diagnostics and no resolution, the computer guy was called, but he was on vacation and can't be reached until Monday. The computer is working, but needs to have an external monitor to view any content. We therefore drove around for two hours trying to find a cheap monitor, you know, under $200. Not to be found. We purchased the least expensive monitor, took it to her apartment and set it up. Later, after my parents got to their home from their day of working in the temple, they told me that they had a monitor in their office that works, but it is older and Siovhan can use it until her computer gets fixed. Yeah for us, but sad that we had spent so much time running around.

When we got back to my parents at 9:30, I made dinner for the two children with me. Mikaela then went to bed. Poor thing, she hasn't had much fun since we landed on Thursday. It has been all running around for things for Siovhan. Mikaela has done really well, but she is only ten years old and can't be expected to do grown-up things all the time. She looked so peaceful sleeping. She is NOT a peaceful sleeper. I was elbowed and kicked and finally when I put a pillow in between us, she fell out of bed. It was sad. I woke up more tired than when I had gone to bed.

Ben has some wicked mosquito bites on his feet and legs from when he was at the Ward's for the YM/YW pool party. My mom showed us that Preparation H and Tucks work on mosquito bites. I was a little skeptical, but let me tell you, after two days of treating them, they are almost gone! It is amazing! I will stock those two items in my first aid kit from now on!

Braden is at home fixing dinner for the missionaries assigned to our ward. Should be fun. One is from Arizona, the other from Brazil. Braden is making Mexican food. The Elders are good sports. They seem to like anything as long as it is edible and they don't have to buy or make it.

I am sending Mikaela out to the Mona Days of '47 festivities with my sister, Julie and her children. Mikaela loves Julie and the girls. I will run my parent's old monitor up to Siovhan and see if it works, then I can take back the other monitor. I am sure there will be plenty of time to spend $200 on other things for Siovhan.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like you are having a rough "vacation"! I am so sorry for all that is going on for Siovhan. I am sure it will all work out, but it is frustrating! What happened to the cute background???