Mikaela and I went fishing and four wheeling this week. We went to our favorite area of the world, Ferron Resevoir. It is so beautiful there in the Manti-LaSalle Mountains. The wild flowers are all over the hills and campsites. We saw fourteen deer near the campsite, some of them were does with their fawns. We were off and on the ATV for five hours the first day, but only about an hour the second and third day. I didn't realize how sunburned one could get off-roading. (Mikaela tanned, I burned. It is all starting to peel, what a beautiful sight!)
Mikaela caught three big, beautiful trout. Hopefully my dad will let us eat them when Howard gets here. It would be nice for her to show him the fish before we eat them. My niece and nephew did well at fishing, catching another eight fish between the two of them. The old cliche works for us: "Fun was had by all." When I get my mother's camera card, I will upload the pictures. She serves at the Manti Temple on Fridays and Saturdays, with my father, and she forgot to show me where to upload on her Mac.
Siovhan was offered the job in Las Vegas, but turned it down, because the Director of the news station was just so hard to work with during the negotiations of the job itself, there was no way of knowing what she would have been like to work for. Siovhan has some other news stations that have sent her their pre-employment tests and she has been looking all over the country for good companies to work for. Right now we are focusing on her finishing her internship class and a few others and packing up all her college day belongings, then graduating.
Ben and Braden have both been at EFY this week. Ben was attending in Provo, Utah, Braden was attending the session at Amherst in Springfield, Massachusetts. Both of them are very tired, but very glad that they had the opportunity to attend EFY. It is such a great concept. I wish that I could have participated in EFY when I was their age.
I changed the blog background again, because Howard didn't care for it. If any of you follow my layout, you know I am constantly changing the background. I left it plain for a few days, so that when Howard visits the site, he won't complain about the "flowery paper." Funny guy. Can't wait to work with him for Siovhan's graduation party. I should just let him plan it, and I will prepare it.
3 comments:
Howard and I need to have a talk! I loved the background, but I am guessing you can find one without "flowers". I don't let Randy have an opinion about my blog unless he would like to post to it. That won't happen! I am glad things are "better". Your last post made me sad for Siovhan, but it sounds like she has lots of opportunities. Good for her!
What a fun time you must be having! And how wonderful both boys got to go to EFY - those are great memories. Good luck to Siovhan, and good for her in not going to work for someone she didn't feel comfortable with. That takes guts. And YOU'RE a great mom - going camping and four-wheeling for 3 days...I don't think I could have done it. :)
your vacation four wheeling and fishing sounded like a blast! sorry to hear youre having troubles finding a background you like. and its good to hear that siovhan has a few other options than the las vegas one. dropping school right before graduation is a bit more than absurd. it should be a warning sign if a future boss professionally doesnt understand that.
Post a Comment