Yesterday was a beautiful day. We put towels, swimsuits, waters and sunscreen in the van and drove to Newburyport and Plum Island. We went into all the quaint shops and tasted some of the food that the vendors were selling. After that, we drove to the beach and trundled all our belonging to the water front. It was a beautiful day. The water was a bit cold, but the children really enjoyed rolling in the waves. I didn't take pictures, Howard is a bit nervous about cameras and sand. After the adults had their fill of sand and surf, they gathered the two rowdy teenage boys and whining ten-year old daughter and put them all back in the van. We were all sunsplashed (a good way of saying "lightly sunburned") and tired. No one complained when I said: "Showers for EVERYONE." We all slept really well last night.
I went to pick up the Highlander today, but unfortunately, we weren't high enough on the list when they were issuing new plates today. I told them that I thought it should have been first-come-first-serve basis, when they explained that they had sold over 20 cars yesterday and had to issue them all plates. I told them we purchased the car on Friday and that should have made it a priority. Boy--I am getting feisty in my old age. Next thing you know, I will be shouting at teenagers to drive slower on my street...wait, I do that too.
Got to go get the boys ready for church activities.
By-the-way: Howard was released as the Ward Mission Leader yesterday. The Bishopric decided in their Bishopric meeting on Sunday that they were going to change a lot of callings yesterday. They let out of their meeting early, in order to talk to all the people involved. Howard was made Priest Advisor. The Young Men's President was made Ward Mission Leader, the Priest Advisor was made the Young Men's President. There were a few other changes as well. The Young Women Presidency was all changed a few weeks ago--they had only been in for just over a year. Change is good, so they say. Braden isn't sure that being a Priest while your dorky Dad is a Priest Advisor is a good thing. I think he will adjust alright. Siovhan was a Senior in High School when I was called to serve in the Young Women Presidency and the day she graduated, I was called as Young Women President. She just dodged the bullet!
3 comments:
Wow, I can't believe all the changes in the ward! I want to hear who's in YW now. Sounds like Ward Mission Leader is a calling hard to hold onto. :)
Your Plum Island (where is that?) excursion sounds wonderful. I wish we could come visit!
Melanie you remembered! I was so disappointed that it was only Howard! Mean huh? It might have been worth the damage if it were you! I was glad to see him though! That was ages ago and we have not seen each other in years!! Post more pictures!! Remember Susie Young? Ali and her daughter Lesa have become friends at BYU! Weird huh? And she and Michael Dinwiddie connected via facebook. Terri and I keep in touch, but the kids? Weird!
congrats on all the new ward changes. having parents in close callings can be weird for a teen, but often a blessing. your trip to plum island sounded WONDERFUL! it makes me want to explore the east coast over and over! fortunately we just had close friends move to the boston area, so we just might get a chance or two!
Post a Comment