Friday, November 7, 2008

I posted something about Proposition 8 and about all the violence around the LA Temple. Later, I went to add some pictures from Braden's performance at the MHS football game and noticed that I had gotten some hate mail from someone whom I have never met. I had to make the blog private to protect our family. I didn't realize that anger from California could touch my home here. Sorry for the inconvenience. I took down the posting before I changed to private, just to not get anymore hits on my blog. I don't imagine I will keep it private for a long time--just for the immediate time being.

6 comments:

Amy Trauntvein said...

So sorry to hear you got some yucky mail through your blog. Not fun I'm sure. Good idea to go private for now. Have a great weekend, can't wait for you to come in a few weeks!
Amy

Cheri said...

Melanie, that's awful!! I'm sorry someone managed to find you...there is so much hate over this issue and it's unfortunate that by your posting stories, you became a target.

JK Waite said...

Isn't the amount of hate out there amazing?! The odd thing is, we "being a collective group of LDSers" don't hate "them." My friend who lives in Sacramento was really big on the campaign and had posted one of the commercials the no on 8 group came out with the monday before elections. it had two LDS missionaries going into a gay home and trashing it in order to find a marriage license and tear it up. Pretty pathetic, amazing that a grass roots system can cause so much hate. No one has said anything about the millions donated by google and other big companies to the "no on 8" team. oh well. Makes the GC talk on being peacemakers and not contentious with those who would fight against us that much more applicable, eh?! Sorry it had to hit you so close to home though your thousands of miles away. i love you!

Myrna said...

I am so impressed that you, through your stand, ended up in a similar situation as to that of our pioneer ancestors who suffered because of their beliefs.

Garrison Propaganda said...

i wondered what happened when i went to check things out one day and it was private. i figured it was for some reason other than just for the heck of it. yikes thats scary and unfortunate. but, nothings wrong with private. hope things have ceased now that youre no longer public.

Julie said...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/12/book-mormon-blaze-church-may-be-tied-gay-marriage-/?partner=yahoo_headlines

It is everywhere.....sad but true. Sign of the times I believe.