Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I can't believe how busy it has been around here for the past two weeks. We had another snow day last week. Every afternoon for the past two weeks, we have had orthodontist appointments, eye exams, dental appointments, doctor's visits, car maintenance appointments, school functions, church functions, etc. I literally fall into bed half asleep. Last night, after driving for 1 1/2 hours round trip for an appointment, I thought I would catch a break while the children were at church for Tuesday night activities, no, I came home and did laundry, dishes, toilets and Seminary. Last year at this time, I was looking for things to do to fill my day. Not so with this year. Whew! I could use another snow day--but I don't want to shovel snow anymore.

Monday night for Family Home Evening we had a tower building contest. We had two teams and several tower objects to build with. The only requirements were: 1. Use all the marshmallows. 2. Use all the toothpicks.

The Winning Tower
Doesn't look like much, but the boys started throwing pieces of it at each other after winning. Yay! for boys.

"It's okay if we didn't win, Dad. I still think our Tower is the best!"

The boys ended up having a food fight after their tower won. Which was okay, because then they had to clean the kitchen. Which was totally okay with me.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey that looks like a fun activity! Way to go not caring about the food fight.

You're husband doesn't look a day older than I remember him but look at those kids--they're totally different.

Garrison Propaganda said...

thats a fun fhe idea. and it doesnt hurt you didnt have to clean the kitchen afterwards. mmmm now youve got me craving apples.

Amy Trauntvein said...

Looks like you had a fun FHE activity. It's fun to see pictures of you all. Congrats on winning boys. Oh yeah! Congrats to Braden for making it into BYU! Go Cougars!

JK Waite said...

How Fun!!! I think you need to build a couple of those PVC marshmallow guns... Now THAT would be a productive family night for your boys... and talk about finding marshmallows all over! I'd be up for flying out to see that one.

Myrna said...

What was the concept: towers of faith, towers of Babel, towers of Benjamin and Braden? Oh, yes, that last one. It looks like lots of fun and a good cleaning job to follow. That is my kind of FHE!