Saturday, February 28, 2009

I haven't posted anything for a while. I haven't left off the blogging for this long before. I just didn't know what to post about. The children are doing well in school. Siovhan is looking at a time change at work--moving from late nights to day-time. After six months of being employed, she has had two career moves. She loves her job still, which is good. Howard is busy at work. Busy means work, which is a good thing for us. I have had some struggles with the elderly group that I work with. There has been a lot of illness and a few deaths. That makes me sad.

The boys are busy preparing for their Band/Chorus competition in Annapolis in April. They had a Spring Opera and Concert the other day. It was very good. Even Howard enjoyed it. I am proud of them. They are good boys.




I have a "Fresh Food Friday" in Seminary. We do Scripture Mastery Games and Memorization. After that, we eat food and I send them all out the door. Mikaela wanted to help me make cinnamon rolls. She wasn't aware of how gooey it would be. She took the picture of her hand to show people that making sweet rolls can be messy.

My parents were thrilled with Braden's Boy Scout Eagle Award. They put this together for him and sent it to him. It is so nice to have something like this. I was wanting to put one together for him, but I hadn't started it yet. I am glad they thought of it.

4 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

sounds busy in your house. i think its funny you mentioned even your husband didnt mind one of the performances. made me laugh. annapolis should be lots of fun. we loved going when wed visit the rich family in md.

mmmmmm you sound like a great seminary teacher. food still is a way to get my attention. and sweet rolls too! delicious!! im sure the kids in your class have no clue how lucky they are to have you as a teacher!

JK Waite said...

Great update! The boys look handsome, as usual. As for Mik's hand: oooooh, gross!!! As for cinnamon rolls and fresh food fridays, YUM!

Amy Trauntvein said...

That scouting thing your parents sent is so cool! What a great mom and dad. Tell the boys they look quite dapper in their suits!

Myrna said...

How lucky we are as grandparents! We love all of this great group and can burst our buttons with pride.